Georgia Southern UniversityStatesboro, GA United States
Provide appropriate safe equipment and uniforms for all sports teams. Direct and manage laundry services, transportation and disposition for all equipment on away football trips. Manage equipment for football and oversee equipment for all other sports teams.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Purchase, maintain and distribute safe equipment and uniforms for all sports teams
- Maintain laundry service for all sports teams
- Oversee Assistant Equipment Managers
- Oversee Equipment Room budget
- Communicate with coaches on all equipment and uniform needs
- Transport and distribute equipment on away football trips
- Distribute equipment at home football games
- Follow all federal, divisional and University athletics regulations, to include rules and regulations established by the Sun Belt Conference (SBC) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree
Required Experience: Three (3) years of applicable experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications: Master's degree
- Experience overseeing football equipment room
- Knowledge of ordering, maintaining and replacing football equipment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Ability to demonstrate good sportsmanship and highest level of personal integrity
- Ability to adjust to a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Ability to size and fit equipment to ensure student-athlete safety
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Understanding of and proven commitment to comply with NCAA, Sun Belt Conference and institutional athletic rules and regulations
- Exhibit engaging customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to athletic and academic excellence
Job ID: 219592
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Background Check: Standard and Education
Department Information: 3900310201 - Extramural Physical Activities
Proposed Salary: Commensurate with experience
Apply Before Date: August 12, 2020
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Work performed in in-door and outdoor environments
• Workweek often extends to evenings, weekends and holidays
• Travel required
• May be required to lift items up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at tel:912 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at tel:877 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (tel:912 478-6947.
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information and to apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1965669
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time