Georgia Southern UniversityStatesboro, GA United States
The Georgia Southern Strength & Conditioning Olympic Sports Department is hiring a temporary part-time assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach. The primary and most important responsibility of this position is instructing student-athletes. This part-time assistant coach will report to the Director of Strength & Conditioning.
Temporary employees are employed according to departmental need and the length of time will vary by workload and may not exceed 1300 hours worked in a 12-consecutive month period.
- Comprehensive strength and conditioning program design for student-athletes as assigned by the Director of Strength and Conditioning (including Men's Soccer, Women's Tennis & Swim/Dive).
- Detailed instruction and education to execute all training exercises safely and correctly specific to performance enhancement methods to achieve desired results.
- Tests and evaluates student-athletes to effectively monitor desired training outcomes.
- Strategic scheduling for effective and efficient use of athletics facilities by teams.
- Promotes commitment, teamwork and develops a working relationship, establish rapport with, and ensure open lines of communication with the coaching staffs, student-athletes of all teams and athletic training staff.
- Builds quality relationships and works collaboratively and professionally with athletics, University staff, students, business vendors and all donors and stakeholders.
- Abides by all written policies and procedures of Georgia Southern, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Bachelor's degree in exercise science or a related field
- Nationally accredited certification by either the NSCA (CSCS) or CSCCa (SCCC). CPR and First Aid certifications are required. Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Developed organization and human relations skills
Job ID: 219708
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Background Check: Standard and Education
Department Information: Athletics
Proposed Salary: $1,000.00 Monthly temporary; non-benefits eligible
Apply Before Date: August 5,2020
Required Documents to Attach: Please attach resume and coverletter
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information and to apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1965542
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Part-Time