Georgia Southern UniversityStatesboro, GA United States
The Administrative Coordinator manages the Armstrong Student Union daily operation of events and customers' needs; trains and supervises student employees; and ensures departmental policies and procedures are followed. This position reports to the Director of Student Union Facilities and Event Services in Statesboro and is a part of their management team.
- Oversees and manages space set-up and event services requests included in the reservations process for all events, to include: reviewing and improving function, forms, and communications within the event services process.
- Interacts with student organizations, campus departments, faculty/staff, external clients outside of the University, and other clients on space use, room setup, and other needs related to events within the Student Union.
- Serves as point of contact for building needs/issues/problems/requests.
- Develops standards of customer service for student employees.
- Utilizes 25Live space reservation system for all building event/space use needs.
- Manages and communicates with Student Union tenants as needed.
- Develops efficiencies for building operations.
- Manages and coordinates all financial, budgetary matters involving expenses and revenue for the Student Union and under the purview of this position.
- Manages existing systems related to student scheduling and event calendar.
- Coordinates communication to Student Union guests on emergencies or other critical issues.
- Coordinates as needed with tenants in the adjoining Memorial College Center (MCC).
- Coordinates with IT, Facilities, Auxiliary Services, Student Affairs, University Police, Enrollment Management, and others as needed on building needs.
- Assists with the development and implementation of risk management processes and procedures for students, organizations, event services, and training in coordination with the Director; including events/functions with moderate to high risk.
- Interprets, monitors, and analyzes information regarding operating policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the hiring, scheduling, and training of student employees.
- Manages student labor hours and submits student employee payroll per the Payroll bi-weekly schedule.
- Develops a new fiscal year budget in coordination with the Director of the Russell Union and coordinates budget presentation for the Student Activity Budget Committee or other funding source channels.
- Manages and solves problems as they arise, using discretion on different levels of decision-making, knowing when to involve others appropriately.
- Resolves problems which have a significant impact on the overall goals of the department.
- Creates and coordinates trainings on audio-visual, facilities set up, and van trainings using best practices on an ongoing basis.
- Responds to/assists in managing events, as needed, on nights/weekends.
- Performs related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
Education & Experience
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?No
Minimum Experience Required: Three or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience? No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Effective communication skills (verbal and written); developed organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; and successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Preferred Experience: Three (3) years of experience in customer service, sales, event management/operations, facility management, management, or related work experience; experience in Higher Education; experience working in an environment that interacts with multiple, diverse, and varied constituencies
Salary Range: $36,500
Job Open Date: 05/08/2020
Job Closing Date: 5/29/2020
Requisition Number: STA002717
Department: 3900430301-Russell Union
Position Status: Full-Time
For more inforamtin and to apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1912528
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time