Wayne State CollegeWayne, NE United States
Wayne State College is one of the most dynamic, regional public colleges in the Midwest, located in Northeast Nebraska, close to Sioux City, Iowa, and within a two-hour drive to Sioux Falls, Omaha and Lincoln. Wayne State College has educated students for over 100 years. One of three members of the Nebraska State College System, the College distinguishes itself by providing educational excellence in a small, personalized setting. The beautiful 128-acre campus serves over 3,600 students who have a choice of more than 130 majors. In fall 2018, the College welcomed its largest first-year class since 1995, and it experienced a 10% increase in overall enrollment driven by new academic programs and partnerships, updated and new facilities, and a continuing focus on supporting students in their academic and co-curricular experiences. Wayne State has been the recipient of a number of awards, honors, and distinctions due to its commitment to service, student success, and providing an exceptional education at an affordable cost. The entire community is focused on making Wayne State a great place for students to thrive and advance their futures, and there is a collective sense of excitement about the future of the College.
Nature of Work:
Responsible for supervising and training the Student Activities Board and Spirit and Traditions staff. Organize a variety of activities, events and leadership programs and collaborate with clubs, organizations, departments, and area colleges to arrange student entertainment and programs that benefit student engagement, retention, campus involvement, and campus assessment.
Examples of Work Performed:
1. Responsible for supervising and training the Student Activities Board and Traditions staff.
2. Organize a variety of activities, events, and leadership programs that support students’ co-curricular learning objectives and life outside of the classroom.
3. Assist in planning and implementation for Week of Welcome, Healthy Relationships Week, Diversity and Inclusion programming, and other themed weeks.
4. Train the Student Activities Board to write contracts, successfully plan and execute campus wide events, promote events, and other job responsibilities.
5. Assess Student Activities Board activities and events through tracking number of attendees and completion of feedback surveys.
6. Recruit students to participate in the Student Activities Board and maintain student development and community with non-executive board members.
7. Responsible for managing the online presence of the Student Activities Board through various online platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
8. Coordinate events with the Recreational Center, Athletics, Club and Organizations, Multicultural and International Programs, and other departments on campus affiliations and off campus affiliations.
9. Responsible for managing the financial paperwork and processes for Student Activities Board, Spirit and Traditions.
10. Strategize creative ways to engage students in a fast-paced environment.
11. Promote and organize an educational environment for all student employees to engage and enhance their overall work and learning experience while employed withing the Student Activities Office.
12. Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and related work experience.
—1-3 years experience
—Demonstrated knowledge of concepts and procedures related to Student Clubs/Organizations and activities in higher education.
—Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and enjoy working in a high-traffic, fast-paced environment.
—Computer and database skills.
—Ability to facilitate group discussions, organize and lead training sessions, and make presentations.
—Effective written and verbal communication skills.
—Programming and event management experience.
—Availability to work non-traditional work schedule, after hours and weekend availability.
Competitive and will commensurate with education and experience. Attractive and comprehensive fringe benefit package. Annual salary range is $34,262.00-$42,826.00.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
For more information or to apply, please use the link below: