University of Notre DameNotre Dame, IN United States
Assist the Head Coach and Associate Head Coaches with all facets of administering a Division I program. Uphold the institution's commitment to the integrity of its athletics program, including through adherence to University, conference, and NCAA rules and expectations. Identify and evaluate prospective student-athletes. Assist in the coordination of recruiting activities for program. Work with individual student-athletes to develop and refine athletic skills, while also supporting in the development of their academic and personal growth. Assist with the planning and implementation of strategies and goals into daily practice sessions. Other duties as assigned by head coach.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Division I coaching (assistant or head) of 10 years is a requirement.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of the sport as well as its skills and strategies.
- Strong organization and communication skills are necessary to effectively complete job tasks.
- Successful candidate must have an appreciation and understanding of the academic/athletic balance required of student-athletes at a highly selective and competitive academic institution.
- Playing experience (men’s or women’s basketball) at Division I level preferred. Division I recruiting experience is preferred.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 10+ years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
APPLICATION PROCESSPlease apply online at HERE. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Applications will be accepted until 5/17/2020.
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed HERE.