Saint Mary's College of CaliforniaMoraga, CA United States
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Only Internal SMC Candidates are being considered at this time. We will open up to consideration of candidates outside of the College after 5/11/20.
The Admission Counselor assists the Manager of Admissions & Outreach in all aspects of recruitment for KSOE academic programs. This includes representing KSOE and the College at community colleges, college fairs, conferences, campus programs, or any virtual recruiting events. The Admissions Counselor with be a primary user of SLATE to track admissions data. It also includes recruitment efforts focused on transfer students, including assistance with transfer application reviews.
1. The Admission Counselor assists the Admissions & Outreach Manager in recruitment efforts focused in Counseling, Leadership, and Teacher Education, including application review, and representing KSOE and the College at community colleges, college fairs, conference, campus programs, or any recruiting events, and includes;
- Make calls, email, and be the main point of contact for prospects in designated programs.
- Counsel the prospect on admissions requirements, and help them through the application process.
- Provide administrative support for admissions process including communication with applicants for the completion of their admissions file and solve outstanding issues.
- Assist in arranging admissions interviews as warranted.
- Assist in the execution of a comprehensive support structure of communication to counseling, leadership, and teacher education prospects/applicants via mail, e-mail, phone, internet, social media, and face to face contact.
2. Deliver presentations to prospective students at information sessions, one-on-one session, provide campus tours, and provide other support as director of admissions requires for recruiting. Attend and support information sessions and/or recruiting events.
3. Use Slate (CRM) to enter and follow up with prospects, and read the application. Enter propects as needed from fairs, events. Ensuring the prospects are following up with and ensuring they are guided in the application funnel.
4. Monitor the KSOE website to ensure accurate information regarding recruiting events, application deadlines, admissions requirements and resources, and new program details as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
Qualifications: A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 2 years
Other requirements: Some travel, evening, and weekend work.
Job Number: 2015-1602537
Department: Kalmanovitz School of Education (KSOE)
Closing: 5/11/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu/
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
- A resume
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
- In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time