Sacred Heart UniversityFairfield, CT United States
The Student Activities Graduate Assistant will work directly with the Director and Assistant Director of Student Activities by way of event planning, advising/mentoring student leaders, and oversight of and assistance with department events throughout the year. The Graduate Assistant (GA) role is a live-in position requiring extensive evening and weekend time commitments. The graduate assistant must be available to work those hours. The position will also require week long on-call duty hours that will be rotated with other Graduate Assistants during each month/semester.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as direct advisor to two or more areas within Student Activities (Student Government Class Board(s), Council of Clubs & Organizations, Multicultural Council, Commuter Council, Student Events Team)
- Coordinates Social Media for organizations he/she advises and manages display case & marketing of events
- Attends all major sponsored activities for organizations he/she advises, as well as Student Activities sponsored events
- Assists in implementing/attending signature Student Activities & Student Life programs such as Freshman Orientation, Welcome Weekend, Labor Day Weekend Events, Spring Concert, Family Weekend, Fall & Spring Fest, Senior Week
- Completes administrative tasks relative to Student Activities operation
- Rotates in Graduate Assistant "on-duty" schedule each semester
- Prepares weekly/monthly reports as required by Director and/or Assistant Director
- Assumes other projects as assigned by Director and Assistant Director and meets weekly to discuss events and budgeting pertaining to organizations he/she advises
- Required: Bachelor's Degree, Student Activities/Student Government experience
- Required: Admission and Enrollment in a Graduate degree program at Sacred Heart University (application and/or acceptance to the University may happen before, during or after interview and position offer)
- Desired: Organizational skills, teamwork, committment to leadership/community development, initiative, positive attitude
- 12 months (renewable up to 2 years)
- Limited duties during Winter Break and Spring Break
- Stipend: $12,300 paid bi-weekly during contract period
- Housing: housing with free cable/internet (will be living with other graduate assistants)
- Meal Plan: $100 dining dollars/month
- Tuition waiver of $15,000.00 per contract year. No more than two classes per term may be taken during first year.
- Start Date: 7/6/2020 - Approximate
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
- To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and the names & contact information of 3 references.
- Please email your application to the contact information listed below.
- Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Assistant Director of Student Activities
Sacred Heart University
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
If you have your resume registered on StudentAffairs.com you can apply for this position online.