University of OregonEugene, OR United States
University of Oregon, University Housing - SR Human Resources Generalist
Job no: 525202
Work type: Officer of Administration
Department: University Housing
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $60,000 - $68,000
Compensation Band: OS-OA06-Fiscal Year 2019-2020, FTE: 1 FLSA Exempt: Yes
This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Housing HR, and is responsible for a wide variety of Human Resource functions that support the department. They provide front-line support and expertise to the department, with duties that include (but are not limited to) recruiting, onboarding, retention, and supervision of payroll staff and functions for the department.
The SR. HR Generalist oversees all aspects of recruitment and search processes for classified and Officer of Administration positions and promotes best practices in interactions that reflect the values of University Housing and are aligned with the institutional commitment to maintaining an environment of inclusive excellence for all members of our community.
This position supports these efforts by providing comprehensive tools and resources as well as consultation, guidance, and support to hiring managers, search chairs and committees during the full recruitment, selection, and hiring process.
In addition, they assist in the handling of employee relations issues, including assisting in investigations and researching and compiling payroll and other information. These duties are carried out in a confidential capacity with the ability to handle confidential material appropriately while maintaining an institutional perspective.
The SR. HR Generalist supervises 2 classified staff and oversees the day to day payroll functions for the department and assumes full management responsibility for the unit in the absence of Housing’s Assistant Director for Human Resources.
• 5 years experience in Human Resources management
• 2 years experience leading or supervising the work of professional staff
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 5 - 7 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Application Review Begins: March 5, 2020; position open until filled.
For more information and to Apply, visit: https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/525202/sr-human-resources-generalist
Please upload a cover letter, resume, and answers to the following supplemental questions with your online application:
1. Please articulate how your experience meets the job responsibilities and requirements outlined in this announcement. Specify the area(s) of HR you were responsible for managing.
2. Describe your experience supervising staff and overseeing the functions of a customer-service office. Response should include any experience managing a unionized staff and applying collective bargaining agreement provisions to your work.
3. Describe your experience managing and/or using complex databases, such as talent management or time and attendance systems. Include your assigned role within the system.