University of OregonEugene, OR United States
University of Oregon, University Housing Associate Director for Human Resources
Job no: 525151
Work type: Officer of Administration
Department: University Housing
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $85,000 - $88,000 per year
Compensation Band: OS-OA08-Fiscal Year 2019-2020, FTE: 1.0 FLSA Exempt: Yes
Reporting to the Sr. Associate Director of Housing, the Associate Director for Human Resources manages or oversees all aspects of University Housing’s human resources functions, including employee relations, payroll, recruitment, staff and supervisor support.
This position is responsible for the Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance, inclusive, multi-cultural environment that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Associate Director for Human Resources is responsible for the development of processes that support the department, divisional, and University goals. This position serves as a resource to departmental leadership, managers and campus colleagues on human resources issues and best practices. This position directly supervises one officer of administration and oversees the human resources and payroll office.
• Five years of full-time experience managing complex human resources functions that includes managing employee/labor relations issues, and providing professional-level guidance to leadership, managers and staff.
• Two years of experience providing leadership for a work unit and overseeing unit functions.
• Experience supervising professional staff.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 5 - 7 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Application Review Begins: March 15, 2020; position open until filled
For more information and to Apply visit: https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/525151/associate-dir-for-human-resources
Please upload the following documents with your online application:
-Responses to the three supplemental questions listed below.
1. This position is responsible for providing guidance and direction to managers, staff, and departmental leadership on a wide variety of complex human resources and employee labor relations issues. Please describe your experience that has prepared you to serve in this capacity.
2. As the Associate Director of Human Resources, this position provides overall supervision, leadership and guidance for the HR/Payroll unit of University housing and serves as part of the departmental leadership team. Please describe your experience that has prepared you to be successful in this capacity.
3. The nature of this position requires close work and/or collaboration with University central offices such as Human Resources, VP Office, Office of Investigations and Civil Rights Compliance, and others, as well as with Service Employees International Union. Please describe how you have established successful collaborative relationships and what you believe are the most important components of such relationships.