St. Lawrence University13617, NY United States
Reporting to the Associate Dean of International and Intercultural Studies, the Assistant Director will work closely with the staff of the Center for International and Intercultural Studies to advise students and the wider campus community about off-campus study and intercultural education. S/he will be the primary manager of the St. Lawrence international studies website and assist with the Terra Dotta/Studio Abroad online application management system. S/he will work to expand the use of blogs, video, social media, and teleconferencing, to promote diversity education and enhance students’ learning experience before, during, and after study abroad.
The Assistant Director will take the lead in specific study abroad program areas and will provide general and program-specific study abroad advising, as well as promoting diversity and intercultural learning both on and off-campus. S/he will be involved in producing informational materials about off-campus programs, most specifically on the web but also in brochures and other printed materials such as campus announcements, the campus events calendar, and other publications; will advise students considering or preparing to study abroad; will assist with information and orientation sessions for off-campus study programs; will coordinate information on student enrichment/research grants and travel arrangements for students going abroad; will collect and maintain statistical data related to off-campus programs; will promote St. Lawrence programs including the recruitment of students from other colleges; will assist with international and intercultural programming on campus; and will be responsible for other duties as assigned.
A complete job description is available upon request.
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in international and intercultural education, study abroad and/or work with international students
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, confident public speaker
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, parents, and other offices at the university
- Willingness to participate in some weekend and evening programs
- Ability to work well in a small, close-knit office on a wide variety of tasks, some clerical
- Computer skills (experience with Drupal and strong web site management, Excel, Access, Desktop publishing, Power Point)
- Competency in a second language preferred
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Dr. Marina Llorente, Associate Dean International and Intercultural Studies at email@example.com.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.