Santa Clara UniversitySanta Clara, CA United States
A. POSITION PURPOSE
Reporting to the Associate Director of the Career Center, the Career Development Specialist is responsible for advancing and complementing Santa Clara University's Integrated Strategic Vision and Plan by developing and implementing major programs, systems, and initiatives designed to teach students the life-long continuous process of personal and professional development and foster meaningful connections with industry and alumni. This professional serves as a direct liaison to undergraduate students, administrators, faculty, and staff and collaboratively cultivates relationships with companies, organizations, and alumni in the human and public sectors, arts, entertainment, and communication and those related to diversity and inclusion initiatives. The Career Development Specialist provides career counseling and coaching to help students from all majors explore their passions and discover the intersection between their greatest gifts, talents, and the world's needs. This role prepares students to make educated decisions as they discern and explore the ever-changing landscape of careers through innovation and strategic connections with the Santa Clara community, Silicon Valley, and beyond.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Campus and Industry Relationship Development and Management (35%)
- Major Program Implementation and Support (30%)
- Direct Service to Students (25%)
- Strategic Web Oversight (5%)
- Continuous Benchmarking and University Representation (5%)
C. PROVIDES WORK DIRECTION
- Will supervise student staff and graduate interns to support strategic departmental operational priorities.
D. GENERAL GUIDELINES
- Recommends initiatives and implements changes to improve quality and services.
- Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices.
- Maintains contact with customers and solicits feedback for improved services.
- Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools; planned training and performance initiatives.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
- Prepares progress reports; informs supervisor of project status; and deviation from goals. Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions.
- Prepares and submits reports as requested and required. 8. Develops and implements guidelines to support the functions of the unit.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
Years of Experience
- Three to five years of progressively responsible work experience in a combination of the following: Career development, recruitment, human resources, university relations;
- Business, industry, educational and/or nonprofit organizations; o Understanding of Bay Area and Silicon Valley employment communities;
- Experience with diverse and multicultural constituencies; o Career counseling or coaching experience in a college/university setting preferred.
Salary Range: $58,520 - $67,260 annual; commensurate with experience
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/1820254
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time