Georgia Southern UniversitySavannah, GA United States
The Coordinator of Events provides leadership daily, supervision, and coordination of all admissions on-campus events for the Savannah campus; assists with off campus event planning; oversees the Southern Ambassador student guides; and supervises full-time and student staff within the Office of Admissions Welcome Center in Savannah.
- Supervises and coordinates admissions on-campus events for the Savannah campus, including daily visits, group tours, Eagle Previews, Transfer Fridays, Start Nows, counselor breakfasts and visit days, and accepted students days.
- Collaborates with the Liberty admissions counselor to coordinate and implement on-campus events for Liberty Campus.
- Assists with planning and implementation of off-campus events, including counselor luncheons, information nights, and Eagle Previews.
- Works with the Statesboro Campus to ensure cohesion across campuses for daily visits and events and assist with on-campus events.
- Advises the Southern Ambassador student organization of roughly 45 volunteer tour guides who also work Admissions events, and assists with other department tour requests.
- Supervises full-time Administrative Assistant who serves as the first point of contact for the Office of Admissions on the Savannah campus.
- Supervises student employees at the Savannah campus Welcome Center who answer the main Admissions phone line and greet guests for daily information sessions.
- Meets visitation/event goals and generates reports and assessments for continual improvement of practices.
- Ensures daily information session, counselor-on-call, and tour coverage.
- Serves as counselor on call and gives daily information sessions and campus tours to visitors; provides information about the University to prospective students and their families.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
For more information and to apply: http://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/65035