American UniversityWashington, DC United States
Location: washington, DC, US, 20016
Company: American University
This position provides general administrative and project support to the Center for Student Involvement Director, and financial administration for student fee-funded organizations. The position has responsibility for processing financial requests, payments, reconciling university charge cards and maintaining records for the collective administrative budgets for Student Activities and a cohort of student organizations.The position also oversees Front Desk operations and supervises the Front Desk student assistants.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- 35 hours Full Time
- Commensurate with Experience
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an academic or office setting
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with expense transaction review and tracking
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
- Working knowledge of computers, spreadsheets, database, and word processing applications.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of or ability to quickly learn general financial transaction procedures.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
- Start Date: 1/14/2020 - Firm
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
If you have your resume registered on StudentAffairs.com you can apply for this position online.