American UniversityWashginton, DC United States
Location: Washington, DC, US, 20016
Company: American University
The Career Counselor provides individualized and group law student advising, identifies and develops resources for students and alumni, and designs and presents educational programs and events. Each Career Counselor also assists with other counseling and programming initiatives of the Washington College of Law (WCL) Office of Career & Professional Development (OCPD), including serving as the liaison between the office and assigned WCL programs, institutes, student groups, and other internal and external organizations and associations. The Career Counselor may also develop additional specialties as needed, such as sector- or practice area-specific expertise. The Career Counselor will work closely with a team that includes counselors, recruiting professionals, and administrative employees.
- Some evening and weekend hours required
- May supervise student and/or administrative workers
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Sr Coordinator/Sr Analyst B
- Commensurate with experience
Required Education and Experience
- Juris Doctor
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, which may include legal experience, experience in recruiting, and/or counseling experience
- The successful candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of job search, career/ employment services, recruiting, interviewing and staffing principles and practices
- Knowledge of the legal employment market and job search strategies
- Ability to assess individual needs, motivators and differences in abilities and career interests. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and marketing the Washington College of Law to employers
Preferred Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, which may include legal experience, experience in recruiting, and/or counseling experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
- Start Date: 1/14/2020 - Firm
- Education: Doctorate Required
- Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
If you have your resume registered on StudentAffairs.com you can apply for this position online.