The College of St. ScholasticaDuluth, MN United States
The Enrollment Management division of The College of St. Scholastica seeks an innovative professional to join our team as an Admission Counselor to work from our Duluth campus, focused on the recruitment of first-year traditional undergraduate students. The successful candidate will contribute to the attainment of the overall enrollment target for the new student class and expand the College’s outreach in their assigned recruitment territory.
- Increase The College of St. Scholastica’s visibility through proactive and data-driven recruitment strategies to achieve a talented and diverse student body
- Generate qualified applicants from assigned territory
- Plan and execute travel to high schools, community-based organizations and colleges fairs in assigned territory
- Review applications and render admission decisions
- Participate in all activities which contribute to the College’s recruitment plan, including on- and off-campus events
- Contribute to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Correspond with a wide spectrum of constituencies including, but not limited to, students, parents, college counselors and community-based organizations
- Build, maintain, and strengthen a support network of alumni, parents, teachers, community and civic leaders, and friends of the College within the assigned territory
- Plan and strategically execute yield strategies to enroll admitted students
- Commitment to work flexible hours to meet department needs. Some evening and weekend work will be required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrated cultural competence to work with a wide variety of prospective student populations as well as their supporters
- Excellent interpersonal skills that include professional and motivational communication, public speaking, relationship building, and social networking.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate difficult situations and environments
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in an organized and efficient manner both independently and as a team member
- Excellent cross-cultural oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, work with sensitive issues and to exercise good judgment under pressure
- Previous experience working with college-bound students
- Fluent in language(s) beyond English
- Experience with international student recruitment
The College of St. Scholastica is a thriving independent private college with its main campus overlooking Lake Superior in Duluth, extended campuses throughout Minnesota and vibrant online programs that attract learners from around the world. Since 1912, The College of St. Scholastica (CSS) has been preparing students for responsible living and meaningful work by emphasizing the Catholic Benedictine values upon which it was founded: Community, Hospitality, Respect, Stewardship and Love of Learning. At CSS, equity and inclusion are viewed as key ingredients to academic excellence and student success.
The College serves an enrollment of approximately 4,000 students in undergraduate and graduate degree programs throughout six schools— nursing, arts and letters, business and technology, education, health sciences, and sciences. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks CSS among the best colleges and universities in the region for academic excellence and in 2018 Money magazine included St. Scholastica as a top “best colleges for your money” based on educational quality, affordability and alumni earnings.
For more information and to apply, visit www.csshrjobs.com. The College of St. Scholastica is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is rich in diversity, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. While there is no religious requirement, we are interested in individuals who value and support the rich Catholic Benedictine heritage of the College of St. Scholastica.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
For more information and to apply, visit www.csshrjobs.com.