Santa Clara UniversitySanta Clara, CA United States
Development Service Associate
$21.06 - $24.21/Hr.
A. POSITION PURPOSE
The DSA is a member of the Advancement Services team within University Relations and reports to the Director, Gifts and Records. This position performs a variety of complex duties associated with a highly confidential gift processing function.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The DSA is responsible for researching, entering and maintaining data in the Blackbaud CRM database and pulling data from the Blackbaud Internet Solutions web portal. In addition, this position is responsible for creating new biographical entities for donors, prospects and corporations as needed, researching, and maintaining all levels of biographical information. This position requires an individual who is highly detail oriented who can learn and comprehend a complex database with highly detailed policies and procedures.
1. Demographic Maintenance
• Process Alumni Directory requests through Blackbaud Internet Solutions (BBIS).
• Research and make changes to address information using web search engines, e.g. Alumni Finder, Hoovers, and Google.
• Update all events using the BBIS software, e.g., Alumni Chapter events, Law Alumni, Athletics, and Business.
• Maintain SCU board and committee affiliations.
• Process National Change of Address updates.
• Manage returned mail updates.
• Create new constituent records.
• Decease constituents, using search tools available to obtain obituaries or other proof of death.
• Link relationships; e.g., spouse, child, employment.
• Update education records.
2. Gift Entry
• Assist Gift Processing staff in batch entry for both gifts and event registrations as needed.
• Process pledges and recurring gifts
• Process receipts and pledge reminders through the database system
• Learn other gift entry responsibilities as needed.
3. Special Projects
• Support creation of records for incoming SCU students and parents.
• Process other demographic project requests from internal and external sources.
4. Other duties as assigned.
C. PROVIDES WORK DIRECTION
D. GENERAL GUIDELINES
Recommends initiatives and implements changes to improve quality and services. Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices. Maintains contact with customers and solicits feedback for improved services. Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools; planned training and performance initiatives. Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow. Prepares progress reports; informs supervisor of project status; and deviation from goals. Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions.
• Knowledge of fundraising or similar relational database.
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of fundraising and donor relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques preferred.
• Knowledge and experience using technology to enhance communications as well as operational efficiencies in the office.
• Understanding and appreciation of the mission of Santa Clara University and the vision and values of a Jesuit Catholic educational institution.
• Exceptional verbal, written, and research skills.
• Excellent computer skills; proficiency in using word processing, Excel spreadsheets, database and web resources. Experience with CRM database and Blackbaud Internet Solutions, or experience with other relational databases is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners and donors.
• Demonstrated ability to establish credibility with broad and diverse constituencies based upon integrity, critical thinking, outstanding operational performance, customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated sound judgment in situations requiring independent decision-making.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Expert planning, coordination and organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work within given time constraints.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
• Flexibility in changes to work assignments.
• Ability to focus on a repetitive task for long periods of time.
• Ability to interpret and analyze data to make informed decisions.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
5. Years of Experience
• Minimum 3 years or relevant experience in administrative support role required.
• 2 to 5 years of experience with Microsoft Office applications.
• 1 to 4 years of experience with relational databases.
To apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/1700418
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information