Santa Clara UniversitySanta Clara, CA United States
Hourly rate: $21.06 - $24.21
A. POSITION PURPOSE
This position will support the Environmental Justice and the Common Good Initiative, a three-year program to promote collaborative research on environmental justice among SCU faculty/students, community-based organizations, and other academic institutions (https://www.scu.edu/news-and-events/feature-stories/2019/stories/environmental-justice-and-the-common-good.html). The position will support the Initiative's research projects. The Initiative is led by a collaborative of five faculty members and located in the College of Arts and Sciences.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate research and education projects with community-based organizations
• Conduct outreach to campus and community organizations to help develop research partnerships, support the research process, and share findings with community partners.
• Manage and facilitate communication among the Initiative, university offices and external constituents.
• Prepare funding applications and coordinate process.
• Arrange travel and lodging.
• Process reimbursements, honoraria, petty cash and fund transfers.
• Monthly reconciliation of purchasing card and expenses.
• Manage purchasing and requisition process.
2. Coordinate campus events, training, and research grants
• Manage logistics for events and trainings, including scheduling, reserving rooms, ordering food and supplies, and publicity.
• Coordinate administration of a small grants program for SCU faculty.
3. Coordinate networking with academic partners
• Support communication and publicity, arrange travel and lodging, and help organize events with academic partners in regional and Jesuit education networks.
4. Other duties as assigned.
C. PROVIDES WORK DIRECTION
Helps to supervise a student employee.
D. GENERAL GUIDELINES
Recommends initiatives and implements changes to improve quality and services. Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices. Maintains contact with customers and solicits feedback for improved services. Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools; planned training and performance initiatives. Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow. Prepares progress reports; informs supervisor of project status; and deviation from goals. Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions. Prepares and submits reports as requested and required. Develops and implements guidelines to support the functions of the unit.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Familiarity with Apple and Windows operating systems.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, databases and web-based content management systems preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of G Suite applications (Google docs, sheets, drive, calendar and forms).
• Familiarity with community-based research methods and/or environmental justice issues preferred
• Knowledge of Spanish preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong public speaking and presenting skills.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated financial management skills.
• Demonstrated event planning skills.
• Skills in producing written and visual content for websites preferred.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently, and function in a team environment.
• Ability to handle detailed information with a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to prioritize, multitask, meet deadlines and handle difficult situations with tact and sensitivity.
• Bachelor's degree required. Equivalent work experience will be considered as a substitute.
5. Years of Experience
• Prior experience in administrative support and/or a research position is preferred.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/1700415
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information