Olympic CollegeBremerton, WA United States
*This recruitment is to establish an applicant pool for future vacancies. Individuals will be contacted as vacancies occur.*
Olympic College is continuously seeking part time (Adjunct) faculty to teach Political Science at our campus in Shelton, WA. The college seeks to recruit engaging instructors who have experience successfully integrating students from varied age, cultural, racial, socio-economic and other diverse backgrounds in the classroom. This discipline is in need of professors to teach some of the high enrollment courses of American Government, Introduction to Political Science, and State & Local Government, but also has opportunities to offer courses in other Political Science areas of interest.
Olympic College seeks applicants who are dedicated to student-centered learning, closing achievement gaps, support diversity, and social justice learning opportunities, and who employ data-informed decision making in their instruction.
Olympic College is a public two -year community college accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. The College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Olympic College is located on the scenic Kitsap Peninsula across the Puget Sound from the city of Seattle. The Kitsap Peninsula is centrally located between the Olympic and Cascade Mountain ranges, affording spectacular views of mountains and water from every vantage point.
- Master's degree in Political Science or closely related field from an accredited college or University.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- College-level teaching experience.
To be considered for this position a candidate must apply online through the Olympic College website and submit the following required materials:
- Olympic College Online Application
- Cover Letter- In your cover letter describe how your background and experience aligns with this position.
- Unofficial college transcripts. Official transcripts and copies of mandated certifications will be required of the successful candidate.
Olympic College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
- Start Date: 11/8/2019 - Firm
- Education: Master's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Please submit your applications to the following URL: