Tacoma Community CollegeTacoma, WA United States
This part-time, hourly, position will assist the Career Center Coordinator in the daily operations of the Career Center and provide customer service to students and the community. This position will also help current students identify resources and navigate the computers in the Counseling, Advising and Career Center. This position reports to the Tacoma Community College, Career Center Coordinator.
- Interact with prospective and current students, faculty and staff, in person, by phone and electronically providing information about the career center and its resources.
- Set up individual appointments for current and prospective students with the Career Center Coordinator.
- Screen, prioritize and respond appropriately to incoming telephone calls as initial contact for the Career Center, resolve problems, respond to inquiries and handle referrals for services.
- Daily approve and post job postings internally and electronically.
- Assist with putting together workshop materials and scheduling students for workshops.
- Serve as the support staff for the annual job fair, program specific job fairs, student employment fair, quarterly transfer fairs and the professional skills academy.
- Maintain and update department records such as Outlook calendars, web page, program flyers and Job Fair database.
- Participate in team projects, planning, cross-training across student services and implementing improvements to the Career Center.
- Participate in college meetings as appropriate.
- Ability to proof-read cover letters and resumes for grammatical errors.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two years customer service experience.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience working in a Community College environment.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Strength in explaining complex information and systems.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Skill in building and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Ethics, integrity, and sound professional judgment.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, colleagues and staff representing diverse ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic and learning abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills.
Application Material & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following:
1. Tacoma Community College online application.
2. Resume and cover letter. Indicate in your letter how your educational background and experience align with the qualifications for this position.
3. Unofficial (copies) transcripts for all colleges and universities
Terms of Employment
This is an hourly position scheduled to work varied hours up to 16 hours per week. Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet the needs of the department. The pay rate is $16.00 per hour. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by National Student Clearinghouse.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title II and Title IX, 253-566-5055; Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, 253-566-6090. Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Associates Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Part-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Tacoma Community College, Human Resources
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466