Old Dominion UniversityNorfolk, VA United States
Assists the department Chair with the basic operations of the STROME/VAB building where our Senior Lectures and Lectures are currently housed in. Assists the Chief Departmental Advisor (housed in VAB) and advises students on the admission process, transfer credit evaluation and course registration pertaining to math courses as requested. Answers incoming calls about math courses and undergraduate program.
Greets callers and direct calls and visitors to the proper departmental faculty to best respond to the situation at hand as needed.
Submits key requests for VAB faculty as needed. Orders supplies for VAB offices. Submits work requests to classroom central for any changes to classrooms. Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Considerable knowledge of effective customer service and problem resolution techniques.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, Access, and Publisher.
- Working knowledge of enterprise level content management for social media.
- Working knowledge of effective office management techniques.
- Demonstrated effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong proofreading skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to produce newsletters.
Level and type of experience
- Some experience providing administrative support to include making travel arrangements for other people, greeting visitors, and other related tasks.
- Some experience with supporting public relations activities such as writing and/or editing departmental newsletters, producing displays for special events, designing brochures, and other related tasks.
- Some experience with content management for social media.
To review the position requirements in full, and submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/11200 AA/EOE
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
If you have your resume registered on StudentAffairs.com you can apply for this position online.