Santa Clara UniversitySanta Clara, CA United States
Senior Front-End Developer
$79,920.00 - $93,960.00
The Senior Front-End Developer is responsible for the implementation and support of Santa Clara University's online presence. Reporting to the Director of Digital Services, the Senior Front-End Developer implements SCU website design utilizing web standards and industry best practices, builds and evaluates websites within the university's content management systems, and supports the development of online applications. This position is one of the escalation points for the university website, providing user consultation and training, site administration, and development. In addition, this position will be responsible for ensuring brand and accessibility standards are met, including collaborating with internal and external design and development teams, evaluating and improving accessibility to websites, and supporting staff on website compliance requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Website design and development
Build and evaluate websites using CMS
Web support and administration
Web accessibility and performance
Other duties as assigned.
PROVIDES WORK DIRECTION
• Website design and development
• Build and evaluate websites using content management systems
• Web support and administration
• Web accessibility and performance
• Project management
• Thorough knowledge of cross-browser issues and graceful degradation techniques.
• Knowledge on website responsive design and mobile web solutions.
• Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, blogging platforms like Wordpress and social media platforms like YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
• Ability to quickly prototype from abstract concepts and iterate on fast-evolving ideas.
• Knowledge of project management practices, tools and methods.
• Thorough knowledge of website and web application design, particularly front-end web pages
• Knowledge of web accessibility theory and practice; skill in evaluating technologies to ensure conformance to standards; knowledge of the legal context of accessible technology
• Thorough knowledge with appropriate federal and state disability related laws in higher education, including the ADA, Section 508, WCAG, and best practices.
• Strong analytical skills to solve complex technical problems.
• Detail oriented, with strong emphasis on being a team player.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly, both in written and verbal communications.
• Strong ability to build templates across multiple browsers for multiple screen sizes.
• Strong ability to build and maintain websites using a content management system.
• Ability to use online tools for validation, page speed, SEO, and traffic analysis including Google Analytics.
• Ability to lead projects, proactively collaborate, and partner with stakeholders.
• Ability to develop and deliver technical support.
• Ability to work with general supervision under tight deadlines and in pressure situations.
• Ability to handle multiple work priorities effectively, and ability to shift focus as priorities shift.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply a variety of policies and procedures.
• Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field required.
Years of Experience
• 5-6 years of relevant experience in Information Technology required.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/1697212
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 5 - 7 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information