Central Michigan UniversityMt Pleasant, MI United States
The Teaching and Learning Consultant in the Office of Curriculum and Instructional Support at Central Michigan University (CMU) serves a critical role in contributing to the development, delivery, facilitation, and evaluation of programs (e.g., workshops, webinars, cohort models), services (e.g., consultations, faculty and student feedback sessions, observations, program mapping, course design), and resources (e.g., print and web- based content) designed to support faculty, academic staff, and graduate teaching assistants in effective, evidence-based teaching and learning strategies, instructional techniques, and curriculum formulation in a range of formats including face-to-face, blended *hybrid), and online.
- Master's degree in Teaching, Curriculum and Instruction, Higher Education,
- Education Technology or related higher education field.
- Experience with developing and conducting impactful face-to-face, blended (hybrid), and online faculty training workshops and/or webinars.
- Experience with emerging learning environments (e.g., mLearning), UDL, and Open Educational Resources (OER).
- Teaching and learning consulting/Instructional design experience at a college or university that includes working with face-to-face, hybrid (blended) and online instructional formats.
- Ability to clarify client needs and suggest appropriate pedagogical strategies, resources, and materials in a professional and confidential manner.
- Ability to research, analyze and propose learning solutions for face- to-face, hybrid (blended), and online instruction by using the latest, evidence based pedagogical strategies.
- Experience with assessment of programs and services for faculty.
- Documented experience of effective use of learning management systems (e.g. Blackboard) and other digital learning based technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively within an academic community across disciplines.
- Projects a positive image with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload by managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
"CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sex-based stereotypes, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or weight (see http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie)."
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/x7nmpx7ychzgbhv4
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time