Tacoma Community CollegeTacoma, WA United States
Perform a variety of duties to promote the success of all Workforce funded students. Operates as the point of contact for the Early Achievers grant. Utilize best practices to meet programmatic needs and ensure student success in alignment with guidance from state and community agencies including the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC), Department of Children and Family Services (DCYF) , Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) and Employment Security (ESD) and serve the needs of Pierce County area employers. Work directly with students to navigate college services, ensure good standing, and compliance with outside agency requirements including the development of individual education and employment plans. Responsible for determining eligibility and authorizing funding for Workforce students. Market career training and workforce programs, specifically the Early Childhood Education program to potential students on campus and in the community. Responsible for monitoring and reporting of student and program data. Work collaboratively with staff and faculty from Professional-Technical programs, student services and other campus departments to promote training options including basic skills, IBEST and career training. Collaborate with community agencies to meet the needs of low income individuals needing training to access the job market. This position reports to the Director of Workforce Education
- Identify, develop and participate in outreach activities (orientations, funding workshops, and individual student appointments) to attract and serve students
Guide student application process for funding and various processes of applying and enrolling to the college
- Authorize the awarding of student tuition, books and support service funding based on eligibility criteria for EAG and other programs
- Develop and maintain student records and reports as required by the college and other agencies.
- Provide retention and follow-up services to assist students in career exploration, to ensure student compliance with program policies and foster student success
- Link students to appropriate campus and community services and resources
- Collect, prepare, and report data via college and agency reporting systems
- Provide excellent customer service to students, potential students, campus partners and community partners
- Assist in developing marketing materials
- Promote all Workforce Education programs to the campus and community.
- Represent the college at meetings and events as needed
- Contribute to the College's commitment to diversity by fostering a climate of multicultural understanding and appreciation
- Perform related duties as required
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in social or human services, education or related field
Professional experience working with diverse populations and low-income individuals
- Experience working one on one to provide services to students/clients
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree in social or human services, education, or related field
- Experience in the early childhood education field
- Experience in a community college setting
- Experience with Workforce grant programs
- Experience providing assessment and analysis of participants' needs, skills and goals
- Experience with PeopleSoft or eJAS systems
- Knowledge of local community resources
Conditions of Employment
Successful completion of a criminal history background check prior to employment.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Highly professional, ethical, and respectful of confidential data and individuals' circumstances.
- Commitment to serving the needs of historically underserved populations including but not limited to low income populations, limited English speakers and other barriers to education and employment.
Application Material & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following:
- Tacoma Community College online application.
- Cover letter and Resume.
- Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended.
Terms of Employment
This is a part-time hourly position funded by workforce funding sources. This position is scheduled to work up to 17 hours a week. Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet departmental needs with the possibility of occasional evening hours. The salary range for the position is $20.00-$24.00 per hour, DOE/DOQ. Continuation of this position is contingent upon the availability of federal and state program funding. Tacoma Community College also offers a generous benefits package. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by National Student Clearinghouse.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title II and Title IX, 253-566-5055; Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, 253-566-6090. Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Part-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466