Tacoma Community College98466, WA United States
Perform customer service duties including issuance of parking permits and maintaining parking data base, issuance of school identification cards, answering questions and phone inquiries from the public, faculty, students and staff. This position also assists with clerical functions in the office including but not limited to filing, scanning, various word processing and spreadsheet assignments and data entry.
- Meet, greet and put the public, faculty, staff and students at ease by answering questions, in person or over the telephone regarding the college, services and/or parking, dispatch security officers when needed.
- Provide photo identification cards for students, faculty and staff upon request.
- Issue student, faculty and staff parking permits.
- Process and maintain parking infractions in database.
- Update & maintain extensive parking database.
- Process restrictions on student records when necessary due to parking infractions.
- Perform word processing, spreadsheet and other clerical support functions.
- Assist in planning, organizing and coordinating aspects of the parking department.
- Copy, distribute and file routine paperwork.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Clerical and/or customer service experience.
- Intermediate experience with word processing and spreadsheet software.
Conditions of Employment
- Successfully pass a criminal history background check prior to employment.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Excellent customer service skills; including building and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction and the ability to problem solve.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Ethics, integrity, and sound professional judgment.
- Polite telephone etiquette. Ability to handle multiple phone lines.
- Become familiar with campus resources and policies, campus mail, Outlook and other personnel systems such as Peoplesoft.
- Excellent customer service, oral, written skills and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to follow directions and meet the demands of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers both verbally and in writing.
- Critical thinking skills to solve problems and find information.
- Demonstrated background in working effectively with diverse populations in a customer service environment.
Complete application packages must include the following:
1. Tacoma Community College online application.
2. Cover letter and Resume.
Terms of Employment
This is a part time hourly position scheduled to Monday through Friday. Up to 17 hours per week. The salary is $15.00. Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet department needs. A collective bargaining agreement exists and membership in the Washington Federation of State Employees or payment of a service fee may be available upon employment.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title II and Title IX, 253-566-5055; Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, 253-566-6090. Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Part-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466