Santa Clara UniversitySanta Clara, CA United States
Hours (hours per week): 40
The Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission is responsible for the recruitment and enrollment of the new student freshman and transfer undergraduate population by educating prospective students, families and high schools counselors about Santa Clara University and the admission process. This position will be part of the Undergraduate Admission team specializing in marketing efforts for the department in addition to covering a specified domestic territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Director assists in attracting, evaluating and enrolling an academically strong, culturally diverse and socially conscious undergraduate student population in support of Santa Clara University’s undergraduate enrollment goals. The Assistant Director will represent SCU to the public including prospective students, high counselors, alumni and community organizations.
A. As territory manager of a designated geographic region, the assistant director manages, analyzes and develops a strategic plan to cultivate his/her assigned geographic territory. This includes planning and implementing recruitment events in designated geographic area; planning and conducting school visits; and maintaining communication and relations with high school officials.
B. Reviews and evaluates applications generated by designated territory and makes admission decisions as authorized. Application evaluation will also include transfer applications.
C. Manages assigned projects and initiatives. Supported projects will include marquee event such as Open House and Preview Days, other on-and off-campus student programs, and collaboration with University departments and partners.
II. Specific Duties:
A. Manage assigned territory (Territory Management)
B. Manages and evaluates admission applications
C. Manages assigned team projects and administrative responsibilities
III. Other Duties:
1. Participates in the University community via committees, projects and events
2. Provides backup support to other admission positions as needed
3. Other duties and projects as assigned
- Valid California driver’s license and good driving record.
- Sensitivity toward people of diverse social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- PC proficiency required including Windows, Word, and Excel. Working knowledge of Oracle Enterprise, Google Suite, and Slate is highly desirable.
- Marketing, design and social media experience.
- Commitment to customer service, both internal and external to the department.
- Understanding and appreciation for the Jesuit, Catholic mission, goals and values of the University.
- Self-motivated to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of team and understand the importance of team work.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task and exercise sound judgment in a fast paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 1-3 years related work experience required.
2. Master’s degree and admissions related work and/or related experience in college environment highly desirable.
$24.17 - $27.78 per hour commensurate with experience
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/1566061