Santa Clara UniversitySanta Clara, CA United States
Provide administrative support to the staff in the Student Services Office by providing customer service to visitors and current students. In addition, assist with the communication of information to current and prospective students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Student Records & Materials Management (40%)
- Serve as point person for Practicum-related California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS ) required materials. Coordinate with the Director of Practicum Placements for the Counseling Psychology Practicum program to ensure adherence to all state and University regulations and guidelines.
- Provide all administrative support to file student records and practicum hours with the BBS for the Director of Practicum Placements in the Counseling Psychology programs after student graduation.
- Provide support to Student Records Analyst during peak times for teaching and administrative credential recommendations to the CTC , degree audits, and degree postings.
- Utilize the campus ERP (Currently Peoplesoft) to maintain student records, class records and other vital and confidential information.
- Analyze student data using queries and other tools to provide relevant student data to the Dean or Chairs.
- Provide additional support to Student Services regarding all student records and forms.
- Track and distribute student forms.
- Maintain student files, ensure accuracy and track file locations
- Follow appropriate federal and SCU guidelines for student record privacy.
- Process routine student requests and forms.
Customer Service (20%)
- Answer telephone, greet and direct visitors, make referrals as appropriate
- Serve as the first point of contact for visitors of Guadalupe Hall.
- Provide assistance to students as appropriate — challenges with enrollment, helping them understand registration holds and how to remove them, submitting program change forms, etc.
- Direct inquiries to appropriate departments and offices when issues are more complex or require higher level assistance
- Manage and refer student inquiries
Student Communications (30%)
- Communicate relevant information to students in a timely manner via email, posts and other methods.
- Communicate applicable deadlines and due dates to internal and external audiences.
- Ensure information from student services office is accurate and topical.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communication to ensure accurate information on our programs and policies are disseminated in various media channels.
- Consolidate and organize information needed by students.
General administrative Support for the Student Services Office (10%)
- Maintain event calendar for relevant events
- Support student services events. Support could include reserving the rooms, ordering food and attending the event.
- Ensure administrative support is provided to the Student Services team
- Manage and supervise special projects as assigned
Other projects and duties to meet school initiatives (10%)
Provides Work Direction:
Assigned student workers
Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite in addition to personnel and financial systems (PeopleSoft Student, PeopleSoft Financial, People Admin).
Ability to use Windows and Apple platforms required
Ability to use Office Suite applications
- Understand and support the values and ideals of Jesuit education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially when dealing with sensitive issues and situations.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Demonstrated ability to balance and respond to a complex and wide variety of demands.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the school and across campus.
- Willingness to take initiative and be flexible while working with a team.
- Professional service-oriented demeanor.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to three years experience preferred.
- Experience in higher education environment and academic administration preferred.
$24.16 per hour - $27.77 per hour; commensurate with experience
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/1564813