Jefferson University19107, PA United States
- Directs initiatives pertaining to student leadership development.
- Manages University Orientation programs on-site and online as well as matriculation requirements for students.
- Oversees marketing and communication efforts for the office and promotes opportunities for engagement.
- Supervises an administrative assistant position or similar and assists in the supervision of student employees in the office.
- Manages the planning and implementation of University Orientations (on-site and online), including communicating with new students, coordinating faculty and staff involvement, and the recruitment and training of student Orientation Leaders.
- Directs student leadership development programs and initiatives including curriculum and content development, program logistics, and outreach to presenters, faculty, and students.
- Directs the marketing and communication efforts for the Office of Student Life and Engagement Programming Team, including the website, social media, publications, flyers and posters, email correspondence, and other modes of advertisement.
- Manages the matriculation requirements and corresponding processes associated with the office, including orientation, HIPAA and Safety Training, health insurance, dental insurance, and corresponding holds.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
- Manages the online orientation platform including design, updating of presentations, quizzes, and information.
- Manages the evaluation and assessment efforts for the areas of University Orientation, matriculation requirements, and leadership development.
- Directs community service engagement efforts, including management of the Leadership LIVE service activities and other community involvement opportunities.
- Assists with planning and implementing programming for students including major campus events, programming blocks, collaborative efforts with university departments and academic areas, and community partnerships.
- Assists with the hospitality and logistics components related to student programming including but not limited to catering, room reservations and setups, A/V, security, event registrations, event contracts, purchasing supplies, volunteer recruitment, and event preparations.
- Assist with other programs and services coordinated by the Office of Student Life and Engagement.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s in education, counseling, student development, or related field required
Experience Requirements: Minimum of three years of experience in student activity-related programming (orientation, student organizations, student programs, leadership development).
Positions Supervised: Administrative Assistant
Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have 30,000 employees.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
For more inforamtionand to apply please click HERE.