Santa Clara UniversitySanta Clara, CA United States
Senior Administrative Assistant: Johnson Scholars Program (30 hrs/week, Fixed-Term)
Santa Clara University
Part Year: No
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Standard Hours (hours per week): 30
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for the Johnson Scholars Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A. General administrative support for Johnson Scholars Program (JSP )
- Coordinates and supports regular meetings, retreats and events with Johnson Scholars
- Coordinates and supports meetings for the JSP steering committee
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of the scholarship week / Johnson Scholars selection process including making all travel arrangements, coordinating on-campus housing for candidates, scheduling facilities, managing a parents program, scheduling personalized meetings for candidates, and carefully attending to all details related to the process.
- Manages communication and program administration with related offices including Admissions, Financial Aid, University relations and Office of Marketing and Communication
- Manages mentoring programs for scholars
- Updates and distributes instructions, application forms, and related information about JSP summer leadership stipends
- Coordinates stipend application processes
- Manages program budget and financial transactions, including maintaining appropriate financial records and preparing periodic reports as required
- Composes routine correspondence, drafts scripts for events, and prepares presentation materials as required
- Responds to inquiries about JSP
- Handles and refers incoming calls
- Schedules facilities and related services for events
- Makes arrangements for food and beverage service for events
- Handles invitations and responses to events
- Maintains and periodically updates JSP web page
- Assists with the production and distribution of brochures and other printed materials as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Provides Work Direction: N/A
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, the California Fair Employment & Housing Act, and all other applicable laws, SCU provides reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities. A qualified individual is a person who meets skill, experience, education, or other requirements of the position, and who can perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Much of the workday is spent at a desk using a computer and talking on the phone.
2. Will be required to staff a table and welcome faculty at some events
3. Will be required to assist facilitators at some events
4. Will be required to travel to other buildings on campus
Understanding and supporting the values and ideals of Jesuit education
1. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of faculty, administration, and staff
2. Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks
3. Strong oral and written communication skills
4. Strong skills with Microsoft Office, scheduling software, PeopleSoft (or equivalent) financial system software
5. Event planning experience preferred
6. Strong service orientation and skills required
1. Maintain confidentiality and use discretion
2. Work collaboratively, be flexible and work as a part of a team
3. Maintain a professional, service-oriented approach
4. Excellent ability to prioritize and multi-task
5. Highly-organized, detail-oriented and reliable with ability to set priorities
6. Work independently and efficiently within deadline
7. Effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Salary Information: $21.06 - $24.21 hourly; commensurate with experience
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a .75 FTE (30 hrs) fixed-term appointment through June 30, 2020 with the possibility of extension or conversion to a regular position dependent on budget and business needs.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/1498464
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 5 - 7 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time