University of OregonEugene, OR United States
University Housing at University of Oregon is accepting applications for a Director of Housing Promotions & Student Recruitment.
The Director of University Housing Promotions & Student Recruitment is a critical member of the University Housing leadership team. This position is responsible for the leadership, management, coordination and implementation of promotions, public relations, and student recruitment. The Director is University Housing’s primary liaison with Strategic Communications and Marketing for Student Services and Enrollment Management (SSEM) and the Division of Student Life leadership and staff. The Director oversees and coordinates all University Housing promotional presentations, events, and displays, including 120-140 annual recruitment and retention events that occur both on and off campus (40-60 events include out of town travel). The position also provides direction and training to University Housing staff and staff of other departments on University Housing’s promotions, recruitment and public relations.
This position reports directly to the Director of Residence Life and Educational Initiatives, with additional oversight from the Assistant Vice President, Student Services and Enrollment Management (SSEM) and the Director of University Housing. The Director supervises one full-time classified staff member who specializes in graphic design. This position may also supervise/co-supervise other full-time, part-time and or student staff members and student interns.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit the following with your online application: Cover letter, resume and answers to the following supplemental questions.
1. University Housing is intentionally working towards being an inclusive and multicultural organization. What does that mean to you, and if you are selected as the Director of University Housing Promotions & Student Recruitment, how will you help the department advance this goal?
2. This position is responsible for working collaboratively with students, University Housing staff, Division of Student Services and Enrollment Management staff and the leadership and staff in Strategic Communications and Marketing for Student Services and Enrollment Management (SSEM) and the Division of Student Life leadership and staff, and others. Please describe experience you have had that demonstrates your skill in collaboration and your ability to work with diverse groups. Please give examples.
3. Please describe you experience with leadership, management, coordination and implementation of promotions, public relations, and student recruitment or similar