Bowling Green State UniversityBowling Green, OH United States
Develop and implement programs and initiatives that bring visibility to issues affecting women on campus; facilitate access to resources, support, information and advocacy regarding those issues for multiple constituent groups; advocate for a campus community that embodies gender equity, serve as liaison to campus and community units with complementary missions.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate Center for Women & Gender Equity and Violence Prevention Center programs and services.
- Perform administrative functions (develop/manage budget and fiscal oversight; complete internal and external reports; direct strategic planning).
- Serve as resource person and spokesperson regarding issues that differentially affect women, gender, and violence prevention on campus and in the greater community.
- Promote Center for Women & Gender Equity and Violence Prevention Center visibility (website, social media, other online outreach, semi-annual mailings).
- Seek and manage external funding.
- Serve on relevant campus and community committees.
- Supervise/evaluate staff and recruit/train/supervise interns and volunteers.
- Advise student groups.
- Respond to individuals in crisis; serve as a resource and advocate for survivors of sexual violence. Serve on the University’s Title IX Advisory Board and other committees as appropriate.
- Serve as a resource and liaison, as appropriate, between the Department of Women’s, Gender, Sexuality Studies and other relevant departments and schools.
- Develop and promote student academic achievement, career aspiration, and personal development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Strong leadership and public relations skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Evidence of successful fund-raising experience, including grant-writing
- In-depth knowledge of women’s, gender, violence prevention issues, especially in the college/university setting
Master’s degree required in higher education administration, women’s/gender studies, organizational development, public administration, social work, counseling or related field. Successful candidate must have Master’s degree conferred at the time of application
The following experience is required:
- Minimum of 3 years program planning and execution
- Minimum of 1 year of budget management
- One year supervision of staff/students
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 357. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: July 1, 2019
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Deadline to apply: July 1, 2019