American UniversityWashington, DC United States
This position is one of two customer-facing positions that are responsible for greeting, assisting, and presenting to prospective students and families who visit the Welcome Center. The incumbent is responsible for preparing the Welcome Center for opening each day by stocking literature and supplies and troubleshooting audio/visual or other problems that would impact a visitor’s experience. This position will also manage the scheduling of individualized and group visits, and will assist the Associate Director with oversight of the AU Ambassadors Program, AU’s tour guide organization.
- This position reports directly to the Associate Director of On-Campus Programs
- This position is one of staff support, with the aim of facilitating a successful campus visit experience for prospective students and their families
- The staff member will also track visitor statistics. This position works under direct supervision.
- This position interacts with senior-level staff of the university and works with Admissions and Financial Aid staff to effectively promote the university and its programs and to meet Office of Enrollment goals
- This position will serve as a primary point of contact for the more than 26,000 annual visitors to the Welcome Center. During normal times, the Welcome Center offers two information sessions and tours per day
- During high volume times, the Welcome Center offers four information sessions and tours per day
- The Center conducts more than 450 interviews per year, organize more than 250 day visits per year, and coordinate almost 50 group visits per year
- This position will assist with oversight of the almost 100 current students in the AU Ambassadors Program
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Specialist B
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and problem solve under strict deadlines
- High level of customer service, public speaking, computer and writing and editing skills
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience working with students and volunteers is a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information