Old Dominion UniversityNorfolk, VA United States
Facilities Management at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) is seeking candidates for a Trades Technician III:
Objective: To perform skilled repair and maintenance tasks, as assigned by the maintenance supervisor, in maintaining the mechanical, structural, electrical and plumbing components of the assigned building and grounds. Position is designated "essential personnel" for emergency closings.
- Experience performing general work in a variety of trades areas - with some experience performing skilled work in the assigned trades/utilities area.
- General technical knowledge of primary building maintenance.
- Ability to make repairs to electrical, plumbing, mechanical and structural building components, and grounds independently.
- Able to perform skilled repair and maintenance tasks in one or more specialized trade/utilities area.
- Working skill in the use of a variety of diagnostic tools, instruments, equipment, hand and power tools.
- Valid driver's license and an insurable driving record.
- Journeyman or Master's License in skill trades relating to maintenance of all types i.e. plumbing, electrical, HVAC and carpentry.
- Maintenance experience in the higher education environment.
- Computer usage skills desired.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Training in skilled trade/craft.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Varied (See Description)
- Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
This position is open until filled. To review position requirements and submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/9634 and follow the online instructions.
Old Dominion University does not discriminate in admissions, treatment, employment or access to its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), political affiliation, veteran status, family medical and genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.