Georgia Southern UniversitySavannah, GA United States
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002258
Department: 3902A15001 - Armstrong Housing P3
Position Status: Full-Time
University Housing. The Resident Director, an integral part of a growing department of 6,400 residents, is dedicated to fostering and facilitating an inclusive community focused on student learning and success. The Resident Director coordinates and administers all aspects of a residential learning program in diverse residential settings, supervises up to 19 student employees, adjudicates conduct cases, and serves in a campus-wide duty rotation. The Resident Director is a 12 month, live-in position and the compensation package includes a two bedroom furnished apartment and meal plan. A detailed job description can be found at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D_Fc7rY62q-siU0TFhCa80BZLFCO0tBq/view. This position is located in Savannah, Georgia.
• Assists with the selection, training, supervision and evaluation of Graduate Assistants, Resident Advisors and Desk Assistants.
• Maintains a high level of contact with students and establishes regular office hours in assigned residence hall.
• Serves in a campus wide crisis response duty rotation.
• Creates and fosters an inclusive environment that promotes and supports an appreciation for diversity.
• Coordinates student conduct cases involving potential violations of University and Housing policies.
• Integrates Residential Curriculum Model into residence hall, departmental, and campus culture.
• Ensures students and staff members are aware of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of Georgia Southern University as outlined in the Student Conduct Code and Residence Hall Community Guide.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Master’s Degree by start date
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Three or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Counseling, Student Services or related field
Work experience in college student housing at the graduate level
Salary Range: $31,000
Job Open Date: 02/08/2019
Job Closing Date: 5/31/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1390875
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time