Georgia Southern UniversitySavannah, GA United States
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002256
Department: 3900711100-Admissions, Office Of
Position Status: Full-Time
Admissions. Reporting to the Assistant Director of International Admissions, the International Admissions Counselor serves as an undergraduate admissions representative on the Armstrong Campus of Georgia Southern University, recruiting and processing applications/documents for international students. Independent international travel is required.
• Counsels international students on all admissions-related items including the application process, program of study options, campus choice, residency and waivers, transfer credits, etc.
• Reviews all international applicant documents and application materials.
• Performs international high school transcript review and transfer credit evaluation and articulation.
• Assists in planning and implementing international student orientations.
• Creates and cultivates relationships with international high school counselors, Education USA advisors, educational agents, and others to grow international enrollments.
• Serves as an international admissions liaison to campus stakeholders.
• Co-advises International Ambassadors student recruitment group.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
One or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relation skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Two or more years of related work experience; work experience in Admissions or international student services; experience using Banner student information system; cross-cultural competence; knowledge of international education systems; bilingual, preferably in Spanish.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 02/06/2019
Job Closing Date: 2/28/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1389613
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time