Old Dominion UniversityNorfolk, VA United States
The College of Arts and Letters at Old Dominion University is accepting applications for the Coordinator of Strategic Communications and Outreach (full-time, 12 month) position. The major duties of this new position will include overseeing all communications and marketing efforts and activities for the College, including development and implementation of strategic marketing communications plans; establishing objectives for the College’s strategic communications and marketing; crafting the College’s digital footprint, including web presence and social media presence; and coordinating with University Relations to enhance the reputation of the College through constant contact and promotion of the College and its programs.
Required Education: Master’s degree in communications, English, marketing, public relations or a related field of study OR a bachelor’s degree and related experience equivalent to a master’s degree in communications, English, marketing, public relations or related field of study.
- Considerable experience in developing and managing all aspects of effective marketing and public relations plans.
- Considerable experience writing and editing professional newsletters and promotional materials.
- Considerable experience writing research press releases, as well as feature articles and straight news stories.
- Considerable knowledge of marketing, public relations, and communications principles/practices and strategies.
- Working knowledge of data collection, evaluation and reporting of program/plan effectiveness.
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in using Microsoft Office and Adobe software such as Creative Suite 6 Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or similar applications. Considerable skill in editing, grammar and writing persuasively.
- Some knowledge of social media avenues and technologies for current emerging trends in marketing and advertising.
- Basic photographic skills.
- Comprehensive communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with clients of diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the composition layout and design of various college publications.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, organize and accomplish tasks in priority order and keep several projects moving ahead simultaneously all with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret guidelines, policies and procedures to fit changing situations.
- Some experience in developing and managing effective marketing and public relations plans in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to interact well and maintain effective relationships with alumni.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
To apply, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/9553. Old Dominion University does not discriminate in admissions, treatment, employment or access to its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), political affiliation, veteran status, family medical and genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.