St. Catherine UniversitySt. Paul, MN United States
St. Catherine University invites applications for the Director of Residence Life. This position is responsible for the operation of the Residence Life Program, which includes program development and implementation, academic year and summer resident housing, training and supervision of professional, support, and paraprofessional staff, budget management, publications, student conduct, and crisis management. This is a full time year round position.
• Prepare budget and revenue projections including academic year and summer housing in partnership with other departments that manage specific accounts like Housing Operations, Public Safety, and University Events.
• Oversee Residence Life policies and procedures, residence hall regulations, and serve as appeal officer for residence hall-related Code of Conduct violations.
• Respond to student concerns relating to mental health, residence hall regulations, security concerns, emergent or crisis situations, and other student issues.
• Hire, supervise, and train professional residence hall staff responsible for supervising student staff and implementing the overall Residence Life program, including supervision and training of all student and graduate residence hall staff.
• Collaborate with Facilities and Housing Operations on all aspects of facilities management: planning, maintenance, renovation, and inventory and capital expenditures.
• Work closely with campus partners in the Department of Public Safety in supervision and implementation of residence hall safety initiatives including co-curricular initiatives in residence hall safety, sexual assault and Title IX education, and alcohol and other drug education.
• Serve as a University Title IX adjudicator and investigator.
• Serve as advisor to the Residence Hall Association and the National Residence Hall Honorary.
• Oversee the Associate Director in leadership of Living Learning communities, including developing relationships with faculty partners for each community.
• Oversee the Residence Life annual assessment of student learning outcomes and measurement of progress toward department goal completion.
• Provide leadership to the University Parent and Family Relations Program including development of parent/family orientation events, marketing materials, and the annual phone-a-thon.
• Oversee the Student Life Office on the Minneapolis campus (including supervision of the graduate student coordinator) through May 2020, and assist in transition of campus integration.
• Serve on University committees including the Early Alert System Team (EAST), the Retention Completion Advisory Council, Student Affairs Leadership Team, Safety Committee, and others as requested by the Dean of Students.
• Master’s degree in College Student Personnel or a related field.
• 5-7 years of Student Affairs experience in Residence Life, staff training and development, supervision of professional staff, large-area programming, learning community development, departmental assessment, crisis intervention and/or second-level duty response, budget preparation, facilities planning, research, and performance appraisal.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to listen and advise students as volunteers and employees.
• Excellent supervisory, teamwork, organizational, oral and written communication skills and a commitment to leadership for women and diversity.
• Demonstrated ability to work respectfully and effectively with people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families, and communities.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 5 - 7 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
To apply: Please visit the St. Catherine University employment site to apply electronically. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180090-STAFF. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Applications are due March 11, 2019.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.