Oakton Community CollegeDes Plaines, IL United States
About Oakton Community College
For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and execute all set construction for performances managed by the Performing Arts Center (PAC).
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training of technicians, student assistants, and contractors.
- Evaluate and recommend hiring of the positions.
- Manage and supervise all technical associates, to include student crews, contractors, and other employees for PAC events.
- Order, purchase and maintain all elements of the PAC to include lighting, computing equipment, audio, tools, and supplies.
- Maintain the storage and cataloging of all technical elements as well as set pieces, costumes, props and make-up.
- Work with the Production Coordinator for the PAC to implement and plan all shows and performances.
- Coordinate House Manager duties to implement and organize events and receptions.
- Coordinate with Media Services for video requirements as applicable.
- Produce, write, and direct media programs after consultation with administrators, faculty and the Oakton community.
- Collaborate with colleagues on special projects involving the PAC or media productions.
- Responsible for all seating and stage requirements at all PAC locations and special Center offsite facilities.
- Manage and work collaboratively with College Marketing in researching and writing newsletters and publications related to the Center.
- Actively manage the Center's social media presence. Seek out new social media opportunities and marketing channels. Continuously increase the Center's social media to reach key audiences. Maintain analytics to evaluate the PAC social media success.
- Coordinate and implement outreach activities to the schools in the district to promote work and careers in the Theatre and Arts.
- Represent the PAC in meetings with the College and community regarding use of the facilities.
- Perform other job related duties as required.
Administrative supervision is received from the Dean of the Division of Liberal Arts. Functional supervision is received from the Chair of Performing Arts.
Functional supervision is exercised over part-time staff, outside contractors, student employees and/or students in production crews and practicum courses.
- Bachelor's degree in theater or other allied fine arts area with specific education and experience in set design/construction and lighting design is required. Master's degree in Theater or MFA is preferred.
- Two years of experience in set design/construction and lighting design is required.
- Two years of media production experience is required.
- Ability to perform moderate to strenuous lifting is required.
- Moderate exposure to adverse working conditions (dust, power tools, etc.).
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm with some nights and weekends as needed.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time