SUNY College at Old WestburyOld Westbury-Long Island, NY United States
The Admissions Advisor Assistant will work with the Office of Enrollment Services on recruitment and the conversion of graduate and undergraduate applications. This person, taking direction from the Director of Admissions, will support the recruitment and marketing strategies for all prospective students.
The Admissions Advisor Assistant will assist with recruitment, admissions application processing, interviewing and general advisement. Responsibilities include: participation in on-campus and off-campus recruitment events, review of an applicant's high school and college credentials and determining eligibility for admission under the supervision of an Admission Advisor.
The Admissions Advisor Assistant will also will support the Admissions CRM (SLATE) throughout the admissions cycle from prospect to enrollment, e-mail campaigns and student communications, creating reports and documentation, and participating in planning conversations about optimizing the use of the CRM to achieve the college's enrollment goals. Assist with other responsibilities as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related area.
- A minimum of one (1) year of full-time responsible work experience in an office environment, with customer service experience, including verbal and/or written communication with internal and/or external individuals or organizations.
- Valid NYS driver's license required. Must have and maintain the appropriate valid NYS driver's license; have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violations.
- The qualified candidate will also be required to work evenings and weekends in support of special projects/events.
- Experience working with a culturally diverse population.
- Previous work experience in an Admissions Office.
- Knowledge of SLATE and Ellucian Banner are highly desirable.
- A commitment to and experience working with a diverse student population.
- Start Date: 4/18/2019 - Approximate
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
A cover letter, resume and contact information (name, email address and telephone number) for three (3) references should be submitted online at: https://oldwestbury.interviewexchange.com
Only applications submitted online will be considered.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: March 17, 2019
VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
The State University of New York at Old Westbury is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Annual Security and Fire Report is filed as required by federal law. The purpose of this report is to provide faculty, staff and students with campus safety information, including crime statistics and safety policies and procedures. The report contains information regarding security and personal safety, including topics such as crime prevention, fire safety, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the previous three calendar years. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the University Police Department (516) 876-3333 or by downloading a copy.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Type: Professional
Official Budget Title: Admissions Assistant
Campus Title: Admissions Advisor Assistant
Department: Office of Enrollment Services - Admissions
Negotiating Unit: UUP
Salary Grade: SL-2
FLSA Status: Exempt