University of Central FloridaOrlando, FL United States
Coordinator, Academic Support Services
If you selected Other Part-Time, indicate FTE
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open until filled
Student Development and Enrollment Services (SDES)
SDES-First Year Experience
Type of Appointment
If Visiting A&P, please specify timeframe
Fill Position From
The University of Central Florida and the division of Student Development and Enrollment Services invites interested persons to apply for this position. Currently seeking a full-time Program Coordinator for Orientation in the First Year Experience (FYE). FYE complements the overarching mission and philosophy of UCF and the Student Development and Enrollment Services Division by empowering students to develop holistically by building a foundation for their success. Through comprehensive programming and leadership development opportunities, FYE staff enhances students’ and families’ transition to, connection with, and understanding of the UCFcommunity. Specific programs within the office include: Orientation, Strategies for Success Course, Family Programming, Welcome Week, Out of State Student Mentoring Program, and more.
The incumbent in this position works as a key member of the First Year Experience team to plan, improve, and operationalize the following transition programs: Welcome Week (Pegasus Palooza), the Out-of-State Student Mentoring Program (OSSM), and LINK (Learning & Interacting with New Knights), as well as support all FYE initiatives.
- Collaborate with campus partners and the FYE Director to develop and implement a comprehensive array of programs and services to support new undergraduate students in transition.
- Support efforts to address needs and issues of students transitioning with emphasis on retention and academic success.
- Serve as liaison to offices and departments regarding student engagement and programming opportunities, establishing strong relationships necessary to effectively implement successful programs for new students.
- Coordinate the university’s official welcome week, Pegasus Palooza, which includes new student Convocation.
- Coordinate the Out of State Student Mentor program (OSSM), which provides all freshman, out-of-state students with an upper-class, out-of-state, peer mentor that assists students in their transition to university life in a new state, as well as unique opportunities and experiences that help students get involved at UCF and connected to the Orlando community.
- Serve as chair of the Summer B Planning Committee and coordinate a full calendar of events, welcome event, and end of term event for participating students.
- Develop initiatives to enhance LINK, an incentive-based program to help new students get involved on campus.
- Supervise the OSSM Graduate Assistant, Pegasus Palooza Student Executive Board, OSSM Peer Mentors, the LINK Student Assistant, and FYE’s student Graphic Designer.
- Participate in assessment efforts to identify programmatic needs and accountability for program success related to specified learning outcomes.
- Responsible for developing and implementing appropriate and effective marketing and communication strategies to promote programs, services, and activities to students served as well as campus wide constituencies.
- Serve on various divisional and university committees.
- Regularly prepare reports and data analysis of programs and initiatives to the Director, submitted to the Division of Student Development and Enrollment Services.
- Oversee and implement budgets and accountability of offered programs.
- Support and participate with other FYE initiatives including Orientation and Family Weekend.
- Meet regularly with the Director for open communication and updates regarding the program.
- Other duties as assigned
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Additional Minimum Requirements
Master’s degree in higher education, student affairs, college student personnel, or related area is preferred along with previous experience working with student programming at the graduate or professional level. Candidates must have highly developed positive interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse populations.
Candidates must have strong organizational skills, and must be able to effectively communicate verbally or in writing in order to successfully perform the essential tasks that have been identified above.
This position title may change based on a classification and compensation study UCF is currently conducting. The title of this position may be impacted.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at:http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
M-F, 8:00 am-5:00 pm, possible early mornings, nights/weekend responsibilities for office programming
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Please Note: Applicants must apply through www.jobswithucf.com. No paper applications, resumes, cover letters or emails will be accepted or considered for this A&P position. Cover letters, resumes, and other documents can be attached through the www.jobswithucf.com website. The position number for this position is #40130.