SUNY College at Old WestburyOld Westbury, NY United States
The Veterans Affairs and Enrollment Verification Coordinator counsels veterans in higher education benefits, enrollment processes, and other concerns related to veterans in higher education. This position facilitates and oversees the enrollment verification process including verification of applications for state licensing exams; transcript processing; the Reverse Transfer process; and Subpoenas processing. The Veterans Affairs and Enrollment Verification Coordinator reports to the Assistant Registrar.
- maintains a database of Veterans Affairs (VA) contacts for guidance and/or referral;
processes VA students enrollment verifications through the federal Department of Veterans Affairs electronic system;
- maintains records for audit by the federal Department of Veterans Affairs;
- manages the enrollment verification process including verification of applications for state licensing exams;
- serves as the college contact and liaison with the National Student Clearinghouse:
- including the initial file error process, the degree verification exception requests;
- serves as the college contact and liaison with Credentials, Inc., the college's corporate agent for transcript processing;
- monitors Credentials, Inc. reports and payments;
- evaluates and process subpoenas;
- manages transcript processing;
- manages the SUNY Reverse Transfer process.
The Veterans Affairs and Enrollment Verification Coordinator serves as evening hour supervisor. The incumbent must be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekday evening hours. Also supervises student assistants assigned to assist with various processes. The incumbent is expected to maintain currency of professional knowledge, participate in the evaluation of new technologies and recommend implementation as appropriate. The incumbent will be required to work weekends as needed for special projects and events.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of full-time responsible work experience in an office environment, with customer service experience, including verbal and/or written communication with internal and/or external individuals or organizations.
- Demonstrated experience with computer software (i.e., Microsoft products or industry specific computing systems).
- Experience working in a college Registrar's Office.
- One (1) year of full-time experience to include counseling veterans in higher education and enrollment processes.
- Direct experience with the Ellucian Banner student computing system.
- Start Date: 2/11/2019 - Approximate
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
A cover letter, resume and contact information (name, email address and telephone number) for three (3) references should be submitted online at: https://oldwestbury.interviewexchange.com
Only applications submitted online will be considered.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: January 6, 2019
VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
The State University of New York at Old Westbury is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Annual Security and Fire Report is filed as required by federal law. The purpose of this report is to provide faculty, staff and students with campus safety information, including crime statistics and safety policies and procedures. The report contains information regarding security and personal safety, including topics such as crime prevention, fire safety, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the previous three calendar years. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the University Police Department (516) 876-3333 or by downloading a copy.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Type: Professional
Official Budget Title: Staff Assistant
Campus Title: Veterans Affairs and Enrollment Verification Coordinator
Negotiating Unit: UUP
Salary Grade: SL-2
FLSA Status: Exempt