Santa Clara UniversitySanta Clara, CA United States
Senior Assistant Dean- External Relations
Santa Clara University
Department: Law School
Part Year: No
FLSA Status: Exempt
Standard Hours (hours per week): 40
The Senior Assistant Dean, External Relations is the senior Law School administrator tasked with building a consistent and compelling image of the Law School to internal and external audiences in ways that expand and enhance the school's reputation. The Senior Assistant Dean oversees Development, Alumni Relations, and Digital Media to increase collaboration and to strengthen relationships among stakeholders to achieve enhanced alignment with Silicon Valley, increased donations, improved alumni engagement, and better employment outcomes for graduates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Alumni Relations
- Career Management
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Recommends initiatives and implements changes to improve quality and services.
- Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices.
- Maintains contact with customers and solicits feedback for improved services.
- Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools; planned training and performance initiatives.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
- Prepares progress reports; informs supervisor of project status; and deviation from goals. Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions.
- Prepares and submits reports as requested and required.
- Develops and implements guidelines to support the functions of the unit.
Provides Work Direction:
Provide work direction for Development, Alumni Relations, and Digital Media teams. Supervise student assistants, vendors, and marketing/communications consultants as needed.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, the California Fair Employment & Housing Act, and all other applicable laws, SCU provides reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities. A qualified individual is a person who meets skill, experience, education, or other requirements of the position, and who can perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Demonstrated experience with a wide range of communication strategies.
- Knowledge of higher education administration, preferably in a law school.
- Direct knowledge of development programs
- Direct knowledge of successful fundraising practices
- Knowledge of higher education advancement preferred
- Demonstrated track record of success in managing diverse, collaborative teams.
- Experience in managing employees in varying levels of responsibility within the organization.
- Demonstrated success as a member of a cross-functional, collaborative team.
- Experience in working with individuals at all levels of the organization, including senior leaders, staff, and faculty.
- Experience in forging collaborative relationships with external partners, such as alumni, employers, and volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience with a wide range of communication strategies, including print, digital, and social media.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail combined with ability to analyze and conceptualize at a high level of abstraction.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS required; JD or advanced degree in related field required.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of experience in executive administration of complex organizations (such as a corporation, university, non-profit entity, or law firm) .
- Experience in higher education, including law school administration, preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience preferred in one of the areas that the position oversees.
Salary Information: $4,772.92 - $6,616.67 semi-monthly; commensurate with experience
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, go to http://apptrkr.com/1346722
About Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 7 - 9 years
- Part/Full Time: Part-Time