Type of Exhibitor / Vendor:
- Speakers Bureau
“Rape Culture” has become a critical issue for communities across the nation. Kate Harding, author of Asking For It: The Alarming Rise of Rape Culture–and What We Can Do About It, tackles this topic with practical ideas about eliminating sexual assault.
Every seven minutes, someone in America commits a rape. In Asking for It, Harding combines in-depth research with an in-your-face voice to make the case that twenty-first-century America supports rapists more effectively than victims.As a freelance writer, she has been published in outlets such as Bitch, Jezebel, Dame and Broad(sheet), as well as The Guardian, Cosmopolitan, The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, The New York Daily News, and many more. Kate is currently at work on a Ph.D. in creative writing and has joined The Loft Literary Center as a teaching artist . Kate has lectured to college audiences around the country on rape culture, body image, and writing.
- Region I (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT)
- Region II (DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, WV)
- Region III (AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, TX, VA)
- Region IV-E (IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI)
- Region IV-W (AR, CO, KS, MO, ND, NE, NM, OK, SD, WY)
- Region V (AK, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA)
- Region VI (AZ, CA, HI)
- International ()
Contact us at email@example.com OR 617-266-3450