Shaping Strategies for Student Affairs Fundraising
Duration: 1 hour
Facilitator: Dr. Jason L. Meriwether
Fundraising in student affairs is a dynamic resource for effectively maintaining programs and implementing new services. This engaging and robust webinar will provide participants with tools and strategies to develop lasting fundraising models that are long-term and sustainable. Recommendations will include strategies to cultivate and secure external funds in an era of scarce resources, decreases in government and state funding, rising student costs, and increased expectation for delivering outcomes.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Current methods and strategies to increase fundraising capacity for student affairs divisions;
- Strategies to increase donor engagement and gift cultivation by leveraging student outcomes and utilizing current data and student success projections;
- Methods to engage campus stakeholders and collaborate with advancement professionals to effectuate a positive culture of student affairs development; and
- Effective practices in training and engagement with students, staff, faculty, and alumni.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Student Affairs Fundraising professionals
- Senior Student Affairs Officers
- Development Officers interested in collaborating with Student Affairs
- Campus Activities staff
- Student Affairs leaders responsible for external relationships or fundraising
is the Vice Chancellor of Enrollment Management & Student Affairs at Indiana University Southeast. In 2016, he was named to the Southern Indiana Business Source 20 under 40 Class of 2016. In 2014, Jason was selected as one of Louisville Business First's Top Forty under 40 and Business First's 20 People to Know in Education and Workforce Development.
Jason earned a Certificate in Program Development and Evaluation, Professional Grant Writing, and Grant Research from The Grant Institute in 2006. In 2014, Jason earned a Certificate from the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy Student Affairs Fund Raising Institute. Jason's experience in fundraising and grant submission has to secured grant awards and restricted, unrestricted, or in-kind student affairs gifts that total over $4,500,000 in the last seven years. Jason is author of Shaping Strategies for Sustainable Student Affairs Fundraising, published in the 2016 NASPA Knowledge Communities Publication.