Conducting Effective Internal and External Program Reviews
Date/Time: Tuesday, 2/28/2023, 1 pm EST
Duration: 1 hour
Facilitator: Dr. Matthew Kerch
Student staff departmental program reviews can be extremely helpful. This webinar will detail the process for planning, executing, and delivering program reviews both on the internal and external side of assessments. Program reviews utilize content experts and are an effective way to advance your areas, identify areas of strengths, and potential areas of improvement.
This webinar will focus on areas that can be developed, re-imagined, and refined to provide your organization, developmental opportunities, areas for advancement, and increasing support. Specific examples, plans, and opportunities and models that may work on your campus will be explored further in our discussion. If you are looking to re-energize, re-imagine, and re-work your areas through an upcoming review, please sign up for this webinar.
- Context of reviews
- Common trends
- Things to think about
- MUST HAVES
- Reviewing current practices, areas of strengths, areas of improvements
- Final Thoughts – Things to consider
- Attendees will learn about the review processes and begin to think about how they would like to go about performing a review.
- Attendees will learn new techniques which they can implement into their review
- Attendees will be able to identify common trends in their areas
- Attendees will begin to break down the process of performing and executing a review
- Attendees will be able to identify specific factors, which can be implemented into programs that have been successful through other reviews.
Who Should Attend:
Mid-level managers, directors in charge of strategic planning and/or assessment/reviews.
Dr. Matthew Kerch has an extensive background in student life services and has experience developing planning documents and processes for multiple institutions, departments, and divisions. He has had the opportunity to take part in both internal and external reviews for multiple departments in areas of student affairs and will be able to share experiences at a variety of institutions